If you feel like you would like to help out your local community every now and then, why not get in touch with our Club to put your name down on our volunteers list. We often hold local fundraising events and need extra hands on the day, be it for our trailer raffle at Eastland, our Billy Cart Marathon or just helping out at a BBQ etc. We would be most grateful of your help.
What do you hope to get out of volunteering?
Volunteering can be very meaningful and enjoyable, and in turn may be good for your mental health and wellbeing.
- give you a sense of achievement and purpose
- help you feel part of a community
- help you feel better about yourself by improving your self-esteem and confidence
- help you share your talents, learn new skills and create a better work-life balance
- help combat stress, loneliness, social isolation and depression
- help you meet new people, which can help you feel more connected and valued
Social benefits of volunteering
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and build healthy relationships. It strengthens your ties to the community and exposes you to people with similar interests.
Volunteering also gives you the opportunity to practise and develop your social skills.