What are some of our fundraising projects?
We raise funds by running two major events each year and all the money raised is given to worthy charities and needy people locally nationally and internationally.
In November we have our Annual Charity Golf Day fundraiser and in December we run our Christmas Trailer Raffle at Eastland. We have other fund raising sources from our sales of Rotary Cakes and Puddings, plus other initiatives as they come to hand. New members often bring fund raising ideas to our group – and the more we raise – the more we can give away to the needy.
Where does the money go?
We have a very large list of where our assistance and funds are allocated. Gifting is done by the members after consideration and consultation and we are very careful to ensure we get great value for any assistance or money we gift. Money goes directly to the nominated charity.
- Some areas where we assist are :
- Disaster Relief
- Uniting Wesley Homeless Assistance
- Ringwood Men’s Shed
- Supporting Mental Health Research eg Youth Suicide, PTSD
- Reaching Out Because We Can – Homeless Assistance
- Youth Refuge Chicken Coop
- Maroondah Community Assist
- Irabina Autism Services Sensory Garden
- Drought Relief for Coonabarabran in NSW
- International Assistance – Water & Medical Projects
- Youth in our Community – National Youth Science Forum
This is just a small list